I don’t go to many press events. It’s not that I don’t like getting to taste new and interesting things, or check out restaurants before they open and to get a glimpse of what they’re going to do. But I prefer to go and have a relaxing time, and to enjoy and experience the place as a customer would. Another thing that’s challenging about press events is that they can sometimes be a scrum, as anywhere where there’s complimentary food or drink involved.
That happened to me when I attended a cocktail soirée at a very posh hotel. I was personally invited by the publicist and the bartender was quite well-known and quite competent. And as I found out when I arrived, also quite dashing.
Lpophy Bathroom Mixer Taps Faucet Bath Waterfall Cold and Hot Water Tap Washroom Bathroom and Kitchen Brass Orb Bronze Single Handle Single Hole Ceramic Valve Waterfall for Sink pqjwzt4492-Bathroom Sink Taps
Summer has just started and temperatures have been hovering close to 100ºF (37ºC). It’s been hard to stay cool but I’ve learned that temperatures are lower first thing in the morning, so I wake up earlier and get some tasks out of the way before the full blast of heat begins to slowly roast me, and my kitchen. The other thing that’s hitting us at…
Not a day goes by when I don’t get a message requesting a restaurant recommendation in Paris. (Curiously, I also get asked for restaurant recommendations in cities I’ve never lived in, or even visited.) My promise to you is that I’ll only write up or recommend places I’ve been to, and with apologies to all who’ve asked for restaurant recommendations on social media, if I…
We’re buckling down for a heatwave that’s on its way, with temperatures heading up to 40ºC (104ºF). Fortunately I’ve got a small stockpile of fans I’ve been collecting over the years, and few bottles of rosé in the refrigerator. (And my refrigerator actually has an ice-maker.) I sometimes bring a bag as a host gift when invited for dinner…but this week, I’m saving them all…
- A Longless Copper kitchen sink basin faucet hot and cold faucet
- Folding Bathtub bath barrel adult tub inflatable bathtub thick plastic tub bathtub (size 65 × 65 70 × 70 75 × 75)
- Mind Reader Storage Cube Organizer - Closet Organizer Cabinet, Shelving Unit
- Bathroom Sink Basin Lever Mixer Tap Single-Hole Electroplating Bathroom Basin Faucet
- Electric hot Water Faucet Speed hot Electric Faucet Side into The hot Water Faucet LCD Digital Display
- MyGift Wall Mounted Torched Wood Bathroom Organizer Rack with 3 Shelves and Hanging Towel Bar
- Maifeini The bluee And White Porcelain Antiques Brass Bath Basin Single Hole Handle Heat Sink Mixer Tap
- DEVAISE 3-Drawer Metal Slim File Cabinet with Lock, Mobile Pedestal in White
- BHJqsy Bathroom Fixtures American copper basin faucet, antique hot and cold faucet wash basin single hole basin faucet Stainless Steel (color B)
- THOR-BEI Faucet-zinc Alloy Seated Lift Type Hot And Cold Water Faucet High Type Mixed Water Square Single Hole Basin Water Tap -59 Faucet
- Anatbb Wall Tap,Sink Tap Wall Mounted,Wall Mounted Taps,Basin Wall-mounted Faucet,Copper Silver
- Faucet Vintage Plated Kitchen Bathroom Faucet Taps Hot and Cold Water Faucet Pull Wash Basin Faucet Basin Faucet
- Sanitop-Wingenredh Sanmix Single-Handle Mixer Tap for Shower Chrome 06108?7?–?Pack of 1
- Circleware 55142 Torta Mia Pink ceramic cake plate with Dome- 10.5 x 13 Home and Kitchen Utensils,
I don’t quite exactly when things shifted, but for many years, if you wanted salt you either bought granulated table salt, usually sold in a round canister for less than a dollar, or kosher salt, which came in a big box. Kosher salt didn’t get its name because it’s kosher, it’s because the bulkier crystals are a better size for salting meat, which koshers it….
Multiple polishing and chrome finish are highly reflective for easy cleaning.
Handle made of zinc alloy. Solid chrome plated brass guarantees quality and reliability.
No discoloring: Multiple polishing and chrome finish prevent it to be rusty and highly reflective for a mirror-like look.
No leaking: Made of the heavy and refinded quality copper, durable construction with a strong cartridge.
Not many of us saw it coming, certainly not me, way back in 1989 when La Brea Bakery opened, and I thought, “Who the heck is going to buy freshly baked bread in Los Angeles? That’ll never work…” And the rest, as they say, is history, as La Brea Bakery and Campanile restaurant, the adjacent restaurant in the same Spanish-style building (that Charlie Chaplin built),…
Here’s a round-up of places I visited recently in New York City. One happy change (which is also happening in cities elsewhere) is the proliferation of excellent bakeries making top-quality artisan bread, as well as bakeries with a global focus. While Americans don’t buy bread daily, as the French do, you can get terrific bread and pastries if you know where to look. Restaurants…
Papaya isn’t a very common fruit in many parts of the world. But if you go to the tropics, you’ll see them piled up at markets, and even alongside the roads, where people are selling the overload from their trees. Papaya is a curious fruit that is often just out of the sightline of our radars, and is usually eaten fresh. Some varieties are spectacularly…
When I originally came up with this ice cream, the year was 2009, which seems like a long, long time ago, in so many ways. Absinthe had been banned in France since 1914, blamed for a host of societal ills, even being accused of causing people to go crazy (which has since been debunked; most blame additives added to cheap absinthe, which caused brain damage),…